Tonight I got a chance to finally update my kids baby books. I thought I had one started for Alex but I lied to myself. I would love to say it is because I have been busy (which is very true) but it’s more likely due to “second child syndrome.” Luckily for me I received a Polka Dot Baby Book not too long ago.
Confession time: I am a stationary addict. I collect paper, cards, books, notebooks, pens – if its related to stationary, I am addicted to it. This makes it very difficult for me to commit to any baby book. In fact, James has two baby books. I couldn’t decide which one I loved more (Tim didn’t have a preference between the two) so I just got both. In hindsight, not such a great idea. Now I have two baby books to update for one kid and none for the other kid.
I have to say that I love the book I received from Polka Dot Print Shop. To paraphrase Elizabeth Barrett Browning, “Why do I love this baby book? Let me count the ways:”
- The crazy cute design. I am a sucker for gender neutral items. Although this particular book was most likely designed for a boy, the combination of hues of blue and grey are suitable for any gender.
- The amount of pages for photos and memorabilia is amazing. I have a hard time throwing away keepsakes and this book has enough space for everything I kept.
- The book has pages for 1w, 2w, 3w, 1month all the way up to a year. It also has a specific space for recording memories of the first birthday.
- It has unusual milestones. There are the typical ones (first smile, rolled over, etc.) but also some unusual ones (sat supported, sat unsupported, blew a kiss). It is nice to be prompted to record firsts that you don’t necessarily think of right away.
- It has a page for first outings. Restaurant, vacation, park, night away from mommy and daddy – all first outings that are easily forgotten to be recorded. All of these are such a sweet reminder on how fast time flies. I love that this is part of the book.
- The binding. Is it strange to love the binding? Probably, but I don’t care. I love being able to fold the cover over and easily (and comfortably) write in the book. I don’t have to take over our kitchen table just to record something in the book.
This baby book is amazing. I am so happy that I stumbled upon Polka Dot Print Shop. I highly recommend these books for any parent. If you’re in the market for a baby book (these do make amazing baby shower/gifts by the way), check out Polka Dot Print Shop. You can locate them on Etsy here or instagram here.
*Disclaimer: I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are 100% mine.